Biblical Thoughts

By Kyle
After deciding that instead of finishing my "12" books that I resolved to read by the end of the year in favor of reading the entire Bible through in 3.5 months, I have now decided to bring some of my perceptions that I find interesting to you...This will be short and little points, not everything by any means, but hope you can enjoy:


  • God's promise to Jacob ended up being much less cool than it sounds, but its still an amazing promise by God: "'I am God, the God of your father,' he said.  'Do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for I will make you into a great nation there.  I will go down to Egypt with you, and I will surely bring you back again.'" Genesis 46:3-4 - This promise took over 470 years to be fulfilled.
  • The reason for Israel's slavery in Egypt was because of their brother, Joseph. (Genesis 47:21)
  • The Lord's Supper has deeply rooted meaning in the Passover, but we often ignore this connection.  The bread and blood represented God passing over judgement on His people.
I also thought something I never thought I'd think last night "I can't wait till I can get to Leviticus".  Reading about the Tabernacle dimensions can get boring!
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?