Its Hard to Love

By Kyle
I am a person who always like to be conscious of what is going on deep inside me.  As with many other people in this world, sometimes I find myself doing things that I don't want to be doing.  And sometimes in the process of this, I end up not loving others, but end up being self-serving.

Over the past month, I have been stretching myself to do things that I know are loving to others, but actually hit on some pretty deep (and weird) fears that I have.  One of those is making phone calls.  For some reason, picking up the phone to call someone is about as scary as when a teenage boy goes up and talks to the girl he likes.  Not quite the same emotions, but some of those same fears come up in me.

What habits, fears, weaknesses do you struggle with that hurt your ability to love others?
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?